So what’s the deal with this little red fruit? Why was Dr. Oz raving about them and why should you incorporate goji berries into your diet? They may look like your average dried berry, a glorified raisin perhaps, but these little guys can make a big impact on your health.
Here’s 5 reasons why:
1) They have more beta-carotene than carrots
2) Contain 21 trace minerals, 18 amino acids, and are 13% protein.
3) Per ounce they have 500 times more vitamin than in an orange
4) Help treat liver and kidney problems
5) Have a positive effect on serotonin. (Now what could make you happier than that?!?)
(For more health facts check out: http://www.societywellness.com/get-the-goji-glow-10-healthy-reasons-to-eat-goji-berries/.)
So now that you are convinced, here are some ways to eat them:
For breakfast: Toss it in your morning yogurt or smoothie. (You can also buy the juice and have it that way, which helps really boost the health benefits.)
For lunch: They are great with salad!
For diner: Mix or blend them into a soup (this is the traditional Chinese way of eating them).
For dessert: Put them in cookies or ice cream.