It’s time to move on from Hanky Panky underwear. Cosabella are comfy and work with any outfit without showing lines. This style in particular is my go-to for every occasion.
One of my favorite pieces of jewelry comes from Atlantis Fine Jewels, a Turkish jeweler specializing in hammered gold pieces. Since they aren’t a name brand yet, the prices are pretty reasonable!
Top: American Apparel
Earrings: Forever 21
Found this vintage Prada skirt and paired it with a lace bodysuit and chunky black earrings. Perfect for a night at the San Francisco Opera!
Finding a perfect mascara is almost harder than finding the perfect man. I’ve tried them all (men included) and finally found the mascara that meets all my needs…still working on finding that perfect man! Voluminous False Fiber Lashes by L’Oreal lengthens, thickens and lasts. My biggest complaint with other brands was the black smudge they left on my eyelid, but that’s no issue here. Pick one up at your local drugstore or order online for only $7.99.
Grab one online here at Target.
Be a little adventurous and head to Oakland for some spice. Here at Make Westing you will find passionate and cheerful bartenders along with high quality cocktails and delicious nibbles. Don’t miss the Habanero Cilantro-Infused Popcorn and The Conquistador cocktail. Once you get a little buzz on, maybe you will have extra energy to play a round of bocce in their indoor court!
Want a quick getaway? Pack up your bags and a few friends and drive to Healdsburg, CA (just 1.5 hrs from San Francisco!) and follow these exact instructions:
1, 2, 3 GO!
Akoia Signature Facial at Akoia Spa
Jalapeño Business cocktail at Spoonbar
Prosciutto di Parma sandwich from the Dry Creek General Store
Marin Brie and Lift cocktail from Barndiva
Multigrain Batard loaf from Costeaux French Bakery
So what’s the deal with this little red fruit? Why was Dr. Oz raving about them and why should you incorporate goji berries into your diet? They may look like your average dried berry, a glorified raisin perhaps, but these little guys can make a big impact on your health.
Here’s 5 reasons why:
1) They have more beta-carotene than carrots
2) Contain 21 trace minerals, 18 amino acids, and are 13% protein.
3) Per ounce they have 500 times more vitamin than in an orange
4) Help treat liver and kidney problems
5) Have a positive effect on serotonin. (Now what could make you happier than that?!?)
(For more health facts check out: http://www.societywellness.com/get-the-goji-glow-10-healthy-reasons-to-eat-goji-berries/.)
So now that you are convinced, here are some ways to eat them:
For breakfast: Toss it in your morning yogurt or smoothie. (You can also buy the juice and have it that way, which helps really boost the health benefits.)
For lunch: They are great with salad!
For diner: Mix or blend them into a soup (this is the traditional Chinese way of eating them).
For dessert: Put them in cookies or ice cream.
Do you need some affordable statement jewelry to spice up your life and your wardrobe? Obviously. I never want to spend a lot on costume jewelry but I also don’t want costume jewelry that looks cheap. The solution? Etsy.com. Checkout these 4 statement pieces I found and absolutely adore!
Chia seeds are the ancient Mayans’ secret super food. In the Mayan language “chia” means strength, and although these seeds are tiny, they are mighty strong in health benefits. Here are five reasons that eating chia seeds is great for your health:
1) Fiber. Chia seeds curb your appetite because they absorb 12 times their own weight. They provide about 42% of the necessary daily fiber intake, with 11 grams per ounce. This makes chia seeds excellent for digestion and weight loss.
2) Calcium. The seeds deliver 18% of your necessary daily intake per ounce. This is triple the amount that skim milk delivers (and chia seeds taste better too). Calcium is important for your bones, and as ladies we all know that no one wants to end up with osteoporosis.
3) Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Believe it or not but these little guys have more omega-3 fatty acids than salmon! Eating this type of fat helps build new cells, and is great for your skin, hair, and nails. Besides, we don’t produce these fatty acids within our bodies so we have to eat them.
4) Antioxidants. If you eat 20 grams, which is less than 2 tablespoons, you get more antioxidants than in the same amount of blueberries.
5) Protein. They are 20% protein, which is a quite a lot for a seed.
How to eat them: You can add chia seeds to salads, yogurt, soup, puddings, smoothies, muffins, or (my fav) mix it into coconut water.
(For more details about why chia seeds are excellent for your health check out: http://droz.me/ZnopQk, and photo credit to: http://bit.ly/MQM3kL.)
I always fall hard for maxi dresses but this James Perse one is really something special. It comes in a variety of colors in stores that are not offered online - my favorite is the dark gray with white trim - and fits like a glove. It’s a little on the pricey side, but you are paying for the fabric quality and fit. I love throwing a sheer sweater over it with some statement jewelry pieces to give it a little flare.